Job Readiness Program
Help brighten the future for young adults
with intellectual and developmental disabilities!
The Arc Northwest Mississippi is very excited to launch a new program to help individuals age 14 - 21 with intellectual and developmental disabilities have jo experiences as part of planning their future. Experience is necessary in order to make decisions about future employment. We are searching for businesses to assist us with this endeavor and to support our mission.
- We would like to find safe places for students to gain job experiences.
- A job experience allows us to assess a student's skills and potential.
We are seeking a 45 to 60 minute time slot for the participants to take part in activities such as:
- Clerical support (folding, stapling, etc.)
- Inventory (stocking)
- Assembly (production, set-up)
- Other tasks as identified
- The individuals taking part in this program will ALWAYS have an experienced adult assisting them in these tasks.
Please help us help others prepare, plan, and make informed decisions in order to enter the workforce.
If your business is interested in taking part of this amazing program, please contact Amanda Brown via phone at 662-510-8989 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org