Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we have had to change our programs to accommodate the social distancing guidelines. At this time we are not able to offer Sibshops. Please check back often and sign up for our emails to get the latest information on any changes.
- Brothers and sisters of kids with special needs have an opportunity to meet and talk with other kids who have siblings with unique needs.
- They will have the opportunity to talk about the good and the not-so-good parts of living with a sibling with special needs.
- Sibshops are fun! It is an opportunity to meet others, play games, do activities, and have snacks with new friends.
Brothers and sisters of kids with intellectual and developmental disabilities often find it difficult to express their feelings about their sibling to others: anger towards a sibling when they display behaviors that prevent the family from going on outings, sadness that their sibling may not learn as quickly as they can, worry over chronic illness of their sibling, or the special pride felt when their sibling with special needs learns a basic but important life skill after months of practice.
Sibshops are a celebration of many contributions made by brothers and sisters.
Siblings will have the opportunity to share their feelings with other kids that truly understand. Facilitators will assist in this process. As well as peer support, participants will have the opportunity to learn more about their sibling’s special needs.
- Sibshops are for kids ages 6 – 13 years of age who have a brother or sister with special needs.
- Sibshops will meet at Longview Point Baptist Church in Hernando, MS from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. on select Saturdays
- Membership with The Arc NWMS is required to participate in this program. Membership is $25.00 annually per family.
- Cost is $10 per child - 25 student maximum per session
- Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 22, 2020
- March 28, 2020
- May 16, 2020
- August 15, 2020
- September 19, 2020
- October 17, 2020
1. Click the DONATE button to pay for your $10 class fee.
2. Bring a check for $10 made payable to "The Arc NWMS" to class.
Financial assistance is available.
Please contact The Arc NWMS for more information at
662-510-8989 or email@example.com
The Arc NWMS would like to thank our Sibshop sponsors: