Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Arc Northwest Mississippi!
We rely on volunteers at different times and in many different capacities to help run our fabulous programs. Some of the programs are listed below. If you are interested in assisting The Arc NWMS in a positive way, please let us know, so we can add you to our volunteer network.
The Arc of Northwest Mississippi offers...
- Camp B.O.L.D - A summer day camp for children and adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities that pairs each camper with a peer buddy for a week of amazing summer camp experiences just like their typical peers. B.O.L.D. stands for Balance, Opportunity, Learning, and Determination.
- Art to Achieve - A four Saturday art program that helps nurture the artistic skills of our members. Local teachers, artists, and volunteers help to create fun and beautiful projects.
- Parent Support Group - The Arc Northwest Mississippi strives to assist our community by offering support groups and engaging speakers to address topics of interest for our members.
- Supper Clubs - For pre-teens through young adults who could use a little help socializing with peers. This is an opportunity to meet with a small group in a low pressure setting.
- Sibshops - A high energy celebration for the siblings of children with special needs. Participants share the highs and lows of living with a person with an intellectual or developmental disability.
- Little House Art Project - A monthly class designed to teach the fundamentals of art, while bringing together art loving teens and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their neurotypical peers.
- Cookies with Santa - Cookies with Santa is a sensory friendly holiday activity featuring crafts, cookies, and pictures with Santa with the help of our very patient elves.
If you would like to volunteer or find out more information on becoming a volunteer, you can fill out the form below or contact Rebecca via email or call 901-907-9041.